Intels latest driver update for ARC graphics cards claims to deliver a remarkable performance boost of up to 119% in over 20 popular games.
Boosting Arc Performance with DX11 and DX12
Intel has unleashed a driver update that promises significant performance enhancements for its Arc Alchemist series graphics cards. This new version (184.108.40.20685) is causing quite a stir by delivering impressive performance gains in a wide range of games.
Here's a breakdown of the notable performance improvements:
Performance Difference Between DX11 and DX12 drivers
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution: 119% performance increase, Ultra Setting @1080p.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: 90% performance boost, Extra Setting @1080p.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3: 88% performance increase, High Setting @1080p.
- Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition: 42% acceleration, Ultra Setting @1080p.
Performance gain between DX12 previous and latest driver
- Forza Motorsport 7: 19% performance boost, High Setting @1440p.
- The Last of Us Part 1: 12% performance increase, Ultra Setting @1080p.
Intel asserts that this update elevates performance in 20 different games, spanning both DX11 and DX12.
However, it's important to bear in mind that Intel's performance claims lack specific frame rate data and were conducted on "high-end PCs" equipped with 13th-gen processors and 32 GB of RAM.
Furthermore, the driver update shows progress in addressing issues. Intel has addressed performance problems in Starfield, though some texture and lighting errors persist.
In summary, Intel's latest driver update is generating significant attention in the gaming community due to its promising performance enhancements. However, it's essential to remember that real-world results may vary based on your specific system configuration.
Some laptops with ARC Graphics processors are listed below:
Acer Swift X SFX16-52G
ASUS Zenbook Pro 15 Flip OLED (UP6502)
Dell XPS 15 9530 (2023)
HP ENVY 16 (2022)
HP Spectre x360 16 (2022)
Lenovo Yoga 7i Gen 7 (16" Intel)